Running in the winter is a very challenging task and this becomes even more challenging especially if you live in a cold, snowy climate. Don't you feel so? The fact is that we tend to give ample amount of care when it comes to our body, but sometimes we forget about our feet. Here are some tips to help your feet so that you can run better in the winters as well.
- Running of course has to do with your feet. So it becomes extremely important that you take care of your feet in the best possible way. That is why it is recommended that you must avoid tying your shoes too tight. It is due to the fact that in the month of winters, it's already a little harder getting the blood flowing in the cold, but shoes that are too tight are further responsible for decreasing circulation even more and keep your feet from staying warm.
- My next tip is that you must always wear moisture-wicking socks. If you habit of wearing socks every single time, then try to change this habit. It is recommended that you should avoid cotton all the time. In the winter, your feet still sweat, and above all, if you have the habit of wearing cotton socks. Then the socks stay wet and keep your feet cold. On the other hand moisture-wicking socks keep the sweat off your feet, and your feet stay dry and warm even in extreme cold as well.
- You must always wear shoes that fit in the best possible way. In the summer, your feet swell a bit, and due to this fact in the month of winters, your shoes may feel a little looser. In this case, you will have to wear thicker socks so that your shoes fit in the best way possible.
- Keep track of how many miles you put on your shoes. Make sure that you don't wear worn out shoes because these are the biggest drawbacks as far as your running experience is concerned. Make sure that you don't run more than 300 miles on them.
- Warm up slowly. In order to avoid any kind of injury in the summers, it is recommended that you should warm up slowly!