What to Do Before a Bodybuilding Competition
View all articles by Mark s Eckenrode
If you are planning to participate in a bodybuilding competitions, always remember that competing in such a competition is all about greasing your body and flexing your muscles for the judges. However, there is more to these competitions than meets the eye. Therefore, you need to prepare yourself for the competition, both mentally and physically. Here are a few tips that could help you get into the perfect mood for a bodybuilding competition:
- Take a cold shower: Taking a cold shower is the best way to enhance the muscles thermodynamic properties. You need to ensure that your back and armpits are reached by the flow of the cold water. It will lead to the shrinkage of the muscles, however only for a short short period of time. The best time to take cold shower is after your morning workout.
- Eat things that you hate: I know, it sounds funny! But, believe me, it will help you prepare yourself mentally, as well as physically.
- Set your own goals: You should be determined and should set your own personal goals. This will help you inspiring and thereby help preparing you for the competition. You also need to let your close associates and friends know about your goals. This will help you to get rid of your fears.
- Be consistent in eating healthy and working out: You need to be very consistent in your training and diet before the competition. It is not good to get out of shape just when you are about to start your competition. Along, you should make sure that you eat healthy meals, which should include enough calories to fuel your energy.
- Keep away from temptations: Keep yourself away from any type of junk food, because such type of food will slow your progress. You should also avoid alcohol completely.