Badminton is not only a sport but serves plenty of benefits for people of all groups. That is why it becomes that along with other sports, you must plant the habit of playing badminton in your kids, of not at a regular level. And the fact is that teaching tips should ideally be given to children in their starting years of playing itself. The tips should concentrate on the following factors:
- Basic skills like how to hold the racket and create balance.
- Skills in shot making.
- Covering the court in the best possible way.
- Safety precautions.
- Recreational value, that is, learning by fun.
- Development of social interactive skills.
- Dietary advise. What food to take and what not to take.
Also what you can do is you can make them play and give teaching tips after the game is over. How can you do so? Here are a few tips:
- Start them with few basic rules. For this, it becomes mandatory that you should do your homework in this case.
- Once they become proficient with them, then you can load them with other rules. But remember that it is a gradual process.
- Encourage them during their play. Never scold them or do something wrong of that sort. Teach them in a calm manner.
- Once the play is over, demonstrate the correct stance and tell them about their mistakes later, and that too in a calm manner. Don't interrupt them in between the play itself.
- Teach about the practice modalities so that your kids can improve their play with the passage of time. If you think that they are picking up the sport in a perfect manner then consider hiring a professional coach for them. They might take this game to a professional level. If you don't see any improvement, in the first six or seven months, then keep the game at the level of a hobby.
- If you yourself know the basics then it is your duty to teach them the skills they need to master for the following games.
- Tell them the need of first aid requirement.
And if you are teaching your kid, who is at the beginner level, then here are a few tips:
- Teach him how he can serve without missing.
- The art of covering the court to reach the shuttle better.
- and if he is playing a doubles, then teach him how to cover the court without clashing.
- How to make appropriate service returns in the case of doubles.
And other such things.