Interesting Facts About Basketball Game
View all articles by Simon Harris
We all are aware of the fact that baseball is one of the fun game to be played. The game has a huge fan following and considered to be one of the most popular games in America. However, these are some of the interesting facts about basketball game:
- The distance in the game of basketball game is measured to be 90 feet. Whereas, the picture mound and home place are 60 feet and 8 inches apart from one another.
- The first Inter League was started in the year 1997. Since then, the American league could be played with the National league at the time of regular season.
- It is believed that famous basketball player Babe Ruth used to place a leaf under his cap. The funny thing was that he used to change it after every 2 innings.
- Cal Hubbard is considered to be the only umpire in Major league who was in both the games, baseball and football.
- In 1935, the National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum was built. It was established on the occasion of 100th anniversary celebration of baseball.
- It is believed that players can hit only 14 runs in one game.
- Total of 3755 has been the highest scored till date. A Philadelphia manager is believed to have the highest number of victories.
- In 1993, All-Star game was played for the first time. in this game players from All-Star game was played.
- Out of 73 games played, 40 were won by the National league.