So do you have an obsession with airsoft game? Tell me, do you follow this sport with extreme passion? But I would like to ask you one more thing. How often do you clean your gun? What? You haven't done it for years? I know that it is a confusing task, but at the same time, it is a very important task to keep it clean as well. A lot of people often ask this question if precision airsoft guns require periodic maintenance or not. The fact is that each and everything requires proper maintenance, no matter how small or big the thing is. Yes, an airsoft gun does require a certain amount of upkeep as well and it should be maintained the same way like you would have maintained any other gun. Read on this article, if you want to as to how you can take a proper care of your airsoft gun in the best possible way.
Cleaning an airsoft gun
First of all, I would like to recommend that in order to prevent unnecessary malfunctions, you all must clean your airsoft on a regular level. As far as the most common reasons for failures are concerned, some of these reasons are: poor maintenance, not cleaning the gun in a proper manner or using some bad or inappropriate solution to clean your gun that further damages your gun rather than cleaning it. That is why it is recommended that you should clean your gun at a regular level, and if possible buy an instruction manual of the model of the airgun that you have with you. These manuals are easily available in the market. So you don't have to worry about their availability. As fas as some of the general tips are concerned, I would like to give you some that go well with all kids of models:How To Clean The Exterior
- Remove the battery or gas tank
- Always make use of a clean cloth to wipe it. A dirty or used cloth would further add on to the difficulty.
- For the grit, use cotton swabs
How To Clean the Barrel
- Remove the magazine from the gun
- Now the next step is to clean the gun with a clean cloth. Don't make use of any solution at all, until and unless it is not recommended by a professional of this field.
- Use cotton swabs to clean the small areas
- What you can do is add a few drops of oil to moving parts for the smooth functioning.
- Now doing all these things, just insert magazine back into the gun
- The task is finished now.
- Turn off your gun’s hop up system
- Now make use of a cleaning rod with the .22 cleaning patch
- In tis case, you can add a very small amount of silicon spray to the patch. It helps in the cleansing process.
- Now your step would be to insert the cleaning rod into the barrel. But do it very carefully.
- Swab the inside with an in and out motion
- After repeating this step for a number of times, I mean three four times, make sure that you remove rod from barrel
- now replace with a new dry patch
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the clean patch so that the cleansing is done in a perfect way.
- The cleansing is finished!