View all articles by Jim De Fazio
Bocce ball is one of the ancient games which has recently caught the attention of people. Though, the game resembles game such as bowling. The game is a great game to play especially on a beautiful day. The game also requires certain skill, strategy and a little of luck. The game is highly appreciated not only by seniors but also by the youths because of the accuracy the game requires. The game is very simple and easy to play. If you're not sure about how to play the game then follow step by step instructions mentioned below.
- Bocce court is a 76 ft. long and 10 ft. wide flat area. Therefore, to play this game make sure you have a wide flat surface.
- The game can be played in the group of one, two or four players each. Four balls are equally divided among players of each team.
- A player from the team is selected who is asked to throw the small ball called the “pallina” toward the opposite end while standing behind the foul line.
- Then, the player is supposed to throw one of the larger balls referred as "boccia," closer to the small ball without touching it.
- Once, the player has performed the earlier step then, its the opposite team get the chance to outdo the performance of the earlier team.
- If the opposing team is able to get their ball closer to the pallina than the starting team without using all of their balls.
- The game continues until each team throws all the balls they have. The team whose ball is the closest to pallina earns a point.
- If both the balls from both the team is at an equal distance then no point is awarded to any team.
- Once all the balls from each team have been used the appropriate points get calculated. The team with highest score continues the next frame.
- The teams can continue playing as many frames as they want until one team has a total score of 16 points.