Well, have you ever dreamt of going to witness a car race? Then why are you just dreaming? Go and experience one! Imagine that checkered flag, imagine those pit girls, imagine the race is set... just last lap to go...and...and... phew, it is just a dream. But you can make it a reality.
Well it is the setting of the dream... you can make it true! Yes, you can witness the pretty girls hang the winner's garland around the winner's neck... Where else in the Sunshine State but the Daytona International Speedway. Just go and witness the whole ambiance, just go and know as to what view the competitors get, at a rather more sedate pace!
The fact is that a lot of fast wheels have left rubber on the track since the Daytona International Speedway opened in the year 1959. It all happened when Lee Petty drove his Oldsmobile in order to grab his victory in the first Daytona 500. let us have a look at the Daytona Dates:
- January sees the first major event of the year with the SunBank 24 Hour Race. I usually is held on a nice weekend or somewhere around it. One of the most famous events, specially amongst the Europeans, the 24 hour Daytona 500, is held regularly in the month of February, at an annual level. You must know that the event is one of those centerpiece attractions, and because of this fact getting tickets can be difficult.
- If you are a die hard motor cycle fan, then I would recommend that you must visit the Daytona in the month of March. That is when bikers in their thousands flock to this area and enjoy the most happening of all, the Bike Week.
- The month of July is famous as part of the annual Independence Day holiday weekend is the Pepsi 400 race.
- Now, if Genevieve and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang are the ones that you are looking and are eager to go for it, then it is recommended that you should take a break in Daytona in November. From all over the world the owners of classic and antique automobiles converge on the Speedway for their annual Turkey Rod Run.
- If racing excites your pulse, then why not go for Go-Kart? You know, these are one of those low slung Dinky toys with the little wheels and the lawn mower engines. So if all these are enough to get you going, then see you in December.
- Get set go....