The experience to sail for the very first time definitely brings back fond memories. The vast blue sky and crystal clear sea combines to form a mesmerizing aura. If you are sailing for the first time then, you must keep the following point in mind:
• Calm weather – if you're just starting to master sailing, then it would be safe to practice your sailing techniques in light winds and low traffic.
• Small boat – before you take your fabulous liner for practicing sailing methods, it would be better if your learn how to sail on a small boat with few lines and sails. As, a small dinghy boat is more responsive and comfortable to maneuver then a big boat.
• Follow basic tips for safety – every sailer, mo matter how experienced must follow all the safety precaution steps. Basic steps like informing others before you set sail, carrying flotation devices and knowledge about swimming must be followed by all sailer.
• Research – check out the weather conditions to be well prepared about the weather in advance. Make sure you've ample of information related to tide & wind direction as well as weather forecast. It's one basic steps in sailing. Get together all the necessary provisions like clothing and weather gear as needed.
• Familiarity of sail controls - a sailer is considered good if he is well acquainted with sail setting. Only a sailer who has proper knowledge about various sailing techniques can take best advantage of different wind and weather conditions. In case, winds are light or strong the sails must be kept flat but if the winds are moderate then sail should be set at full.
• Capsize – though, the step may seem ridiculous but every sailer must know how to handle a capsized sailboat within controlled environment. As we know that experience is the best teacher; therefore, test capsize on a small boat help you better control event in case of real-life one.
These tips would help you better get accustomed to sailing.